Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gehenna



So I was working on my new novel, tentatively titled The Raven of Azazel, where my MC, James Devon comes across a man with ants crawling all over him (possibly a demon), an allusion to the weird behavior of ravens doing the same for reasons scientists have yet to discover. And then I was thinking about how cool this would be if minor demons were doing this to some great arch-devil in hell. Though I'm somebody who shoots for more realistic settings and events before using fantastical ones, a part of me really wanted to interject that scene.

How? I have no idea... Maybe in a vision? Nah, too boring. Looks like I have some thinking to do.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Not sure what is going on with the overall story, but seems like a nightmare/dream rather than a vision might do the trick.