Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jennifer Today



So, here's the thing . . . I met this incredible girl, who I've known since we were both very young children. Her mother's my mother's best friend from high school, if you can dig that. Of course, as kids, we used to have sort of crushers on one another and I tend to have very fond memories of her. She says I ignored her, and that might be partially be true. I mean, I was kind of shy toward girls in early junior high school. But I digress - I've recently run into her again and we've developed a very romantic life together so far.

Jennifer. Though she won't believe it, she was inspiration of Dr. James Devon's wife by the same name. Though Devon's wife dies (to her dismay), I wanted somebody who could really touch people before she went. Jennifer. That's who I chose.

Now I've chosen her as a friend, romantic and perhaps future . . . Well, we'll keep our secrets for now.

RECENT MOVIE

Stardust. ****1/2 The best film so far adapted by Neil Gaiman from his own work by the same name. Beautiful. Haunting. Pure Gaiman, at his best.

RECENT BOOK

I'm slowly making it through yet another textbook on archaeology. Can't help it.


No comments: