Monday, October 27, 2008

Writing & More Writing... And Old Friends

AJ Brown. A good guy with lots of heart. While I was a part of the HL's workshop office at Zoetrope.com, I read a lot of blogs about writers writing horror. Or merely, writers trying to figure out how to better write through blogging about it and conversing with one another about it. If you continue to read them I'm sure you'll learn a lot. I'd doubt I could believably say that I didn't learn anything from them. But after reading them for some time, they sort of start saying the same thing over and over again and after awhile you just want to shoot yourself. But, I would suggest reading this. I kind of like AJ's blog this time. It sums a lot of my own feelings up on the matter.

* * *

Never heard of them, but they are intriguing me: http://gravesidetales.com/. I have this old (and yet unfinished novel) called Grave October Moon. It's based off my feature-length screenplay, which is adapted from my story Jack Straw. I don't have the original story due to one of those crashes where you have realized that you (the complete moron that you are) have not backed up your hard work enough in the last year, or possibly even longer.

It might, however, be fun to see if I can use what I have (the novel and screenplay) and see if I can rewrite that original short story. Why not? Right?

* * *

Just talked to an old friend, who I used to go to grade school with. Haven't seen him in more than eighteen or nineteen years. It's funny how just a voice can reawaken so many details of a life that seemed to have been lived long ago.

Jennifer's going to be home soon. I guess I have things to do.

No comments: